serenity.simplicity.passion.beauty.life

Finding l.u.x.u.r.y in the little things (and smirking at all the r.e.s.t)

Thursday, November 09, 2006

"We live in a world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if we only seek them with our eyes open."


This morning on my way to work, as I sat quite calmly in my rush hour traffic, knowing I was more than early, I looked over to my right and was startled by a piece of scenery that I had never seen before; I had always been too busy staring down the car infront of me, willing it to move faster. It was a pond of sorts, surrounded by lush green rolling hills that bordered a family of white willow trees, whose bare autumn branches dangled down, just barely teasing the surface of the water. One of this pond's most striking characteristics is it's meek little waterfall, facing the road and closest to me. About four feet high, water spills over the edge in a supremely delicate manner, producing such a beautiful sound. This, I decide, is peace.

Yet what really lit up my eyes, making me keep my foot on the brake, causing the car behind me to honk, was not the pond itself. No...but rather it was the ducks that called that pond home! These weren't just any ducks. There were literally fifty, sixty ducks, almost completely covering the surface. I have never saw so many ducks in one place! It was miraculous! And then, right in the middle, was a pristine white swan (Apparently she cameos in more than just The Ugly Duckling). She had such an angelic look to her, that I couldn't take my foot off of the brake. I didn't care. This was a scene to be taken in and relished! As she glided over the water and through the crowd, I could almost sense the other ducks' admiration. She was beautiful. If only the others knew how beautiful they were too. It was a sight to be seen, and I'm so glad it was mine this morning.

Today, remember to take in your scenery, and really notice the beauty. Let it captivate you, as if you were a child seeing it for the first time. Get excited! Be curious. Take it for what it is. Live in the moment. And don't ask questions.

We may be too old for some things, but...certainly not for others.

Have a beautiful, charming day!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites