serenity.simplicity.passion.beauty.life

Finding l.u.x.u.r.y in the little things (and smirking at all the r.e.s.t)

Monday, October 09, 2006

So, I never had any major qualms with this whole idea of blogging. Seems therapeutic, a great way to practice writing, make some conversation in this world, and well...isn't it the trendy thing to do these days? Yet beyond that, I think I just had to start one for the simple reason that... it is called a "blog!" Like, what a comical name. Blooooog. Blog. Bbbbbblog. Bloggggggggg. Anyway you put it, it's a fantastically ridiculous word. Much worse than fog, bog and even smog. So, who came up with it? Obviously it didn't originate from Old English, considering computers and the internet and B-L-O-G-S never existed then. So clearly, the term has to have been coined somewhat recently. And by whom, I ask? Who had this honor? Who am I currently mocking? (Just a little, though. After all, if I was the originator of ANY word--be it blog, wart, anus, hippopotomus or any other incredibly unsexy words--yeah, I would brag. I guess that's something one would brag about, right?)
Whoever is currently reading this is undoubtably thinking: "Is this stupid girl who, in her profile interests, claims to like friggin' kitten heels for christ's sake...really wasting her time writing about the word blog?" Yeah...that's right. Kitten heels. I said it.
But even if I do not happen to know off the top of my little brunette head the linguistic origin of the word blog, I DO understand its purpose. And with that purpose in mind, I think I'll have a grand time debating with myself, via my own words, lots of silly things like that. Yay. Finally, somewhere to tangibilize (is that a real word?) my own quirky thoughts as they spin around in my mind. But let's not get into the good old 9-5 schedule, because I will involuntarily begin to vomit. Violently.
And with that, as the British say: Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites