serenity.simplicity.passion.beauty.life

Finding l.u.x.u.r.y in the little things (and smirking at all the r.e.s.t)

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"Make your choice, adventurous stranger
strike the bell and bide the danger
or wonder, til it drives you mad,
what would have happened if you had."


I suppose you could say, this quote is a tribute to the passion part of this blog...
I'm so passionate about travel; so much that I see a plane outside and begin to daydream about to where it may be going.

I often feel imprisioned. I wonder what happened to the adventurous stranger inside of me... actually, I know it IS me, but it scares me to think that the corporate world may drive her away... I look at old pictures of myself in Costa Rica...England...and feel like that is another person. I long to be her. With her carefree demeanor, quick with a broad, warm smile for anyone who looks her way. With her zest for life, and even more for fun. And then I have to remind myself: I AM her. But why don't I feel like her?

As much as I really enjoy my job and the people I work with, I wonder if I started out of guilt. So I wonder: is doing things out of guilt good in order to make us productive...or, perhaps does it make us slaves to ourselves?

I guess you could say I'm not the most practical of persons. When I ponder the whole 9-5 bit, it seems like the vast majority of my advice-giving gang say: "Welcome to the real world, kid." And my first immediate thought is: "This isn't going to be my reality, sweetheart." And it's not going to be. I know it. But what it furthermore causes me to question, inevitably, is...why does everyone simply accept the world as it is presented to them? Why CAN'T I, for example, open my own wellness retreat spa on some remote beach in South America? Why CAN'T I take flying lessons. (which, excitably enough, AM!) Why CAN'T I be a pilot, if I do so please. Money shouldn't be an issue; I certainly don't have enough of it, that's for sure. But isn't that why they have loans? Loans, to me, equal opportunity. Why don't more people embrace their "I wish I coulds" and turn them into "I'm so thankful I dids?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites