serenity.simplicity.passion.beauty.life

Finding l.u.x.u.r.y in the little things (and smirking at all the r.e.s.t)

Friday, November 03, 2006

"May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being. May you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life." --Apache blessing




So I live in/near Philadelphia. I like to say in Philadelphia, because usually this makes people from home think I'm more badass than I actually am...but the truth is...I live in suburbia. I'm expecting the Desperate Housewives any minute now.

No matter who I talk to, they always equate Philadelphia with the infamous cheesesteak. And rightfully so, I suppose, but I'm not the person to ask because I'm just not a big cheesesteak eater. Weird. But give me a pizza anyday and I'm all over that. So it's not like I'm anti-grease, or anything. And I do loveeeee steak. (Hint to any potential suitors about to ask me out to dinner) And I loooove cheese even more...I even like hot peppers. Hmm..maybe I'll have to give this whole cheesesteak thing another go.

But ANYWAY...it is my thoughts that the Philadelphia pretzels deserve some publicity time. Why doesn't anyone ever talk about the pretzels?! I dont' understand it. When I was in San Diego last weekend...they, of course, knew about the cheesesteaks. Cool. And I wouldn't expect them to know about the pretzels. However........ there are people living in the great state of Pennsylvania who have no idea what I'm talking about when I make such a big fuss about them. "Pretzels? Like, Auntie Anne's?" No! Not Auntie Anne's! Bleh! I'm talkin' thick, doughy, elongated Philadelphia pretzels, complete with just the right amount of seasalt, sprinkled evenly along the top. Oh, and the knot! I'm telling you right now that if you don't like the knot, then something is wrong with you. I would be highly suspicious of an anti-knotter. It's obviously a first date question of mine.

Maybe I'll start shipping crates of Philadelphia pretzels to all my friends back home for Christmas. What college kid wouldn't want a large crate of soft pretzels loungin in the corner of the dorm?








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites