serenity.simplicity.passion.beauty.life

Finding l.u.x.u.r.y in the little things (and smirking at all the r.e.s.t)

Monday, January 01, 2007

"How many of you have started dating because you were too lazy to commit suicide?"

The above quote, in no way, shape or form applies to me - I, myself, can't stop smiling from ear to ear thanks to a certain someone and I couldn't be happier to be his girl. But... so I'm exploring this whole new comcast cable menu stuff...and I come across "Dating on Demand." Dating on Demand? What could that be? I click on it, and would you know...they actually have people on there that have made videos and are available to be contacted if interested! Can you believe that? More like..."Loser on Demand." Are you really that desperate? And willing to let everyone with Comcast cable know it? I would be horrified to do something like that! So I wonder...does all of this new technology actually make things like dating easier...or does it take away from any remaining sense of chivalry and old-fashioned courtship? Why can't people just meet people the way they used to--in person. It seems that with each new advance in technology, men and women are foregoing true person-to-person relationships and all of the nervousness and butterflies that come along with being with someone you're just getting to know....in favor of the easy way out, typing in a keyboard and analyzing a potential mate based on whether or not he/she uses too many exclamation points and smilies...allowing each respective party to hide behind a 9 inch glowing screen. Although some may argue that by typing on the computer back and forth enables individuals to express themselves better, write and talk about things more openly ...it is my assertion that technology does not strengthen interpersonal relationships, but rather diminishes them. Interpersonal relationships cannot be built without the actual interaction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites